Feb 25, 2012

The Mundane Series (First Cinemagraphs)

As promised in the entry I posted earlier this week, here's something special I've been reserving for today. These photos come from a series called Mundane that I shot last January. These are also the shots displayed in the Ateneo Heights Artist Workshop Exhibit.

A special feature from the series, the "trophies" of the collection are, these pieces called Cinemagraphs. Cinemagraphs are a relatively new art medium in the Philippines. The best way I could think of to describe a cinemagraph is given by photographer and cinemagrapher Kert Gartner who says that they're "more than a picture, but not quite a video". They straddle along the in-between. The first time I saw one was in the blog of New York based fashion photographer Jamie Beck, who I highly revere. I made it a personal challenge to create some of my own and these were the first few of them, not quite refined yet but surely getting there and still interesting to look at.

Hope you guys enjoy Mundane. If you'd like to hear more about the series, drop me a line or post a comment here. I'd be happy to explain it to you! Expect more cinemagraphs in the future. Until then, cheers! -Matt


Garden Set
Modeling by Eunica Lim and Tonito de Ocampo
Make-up by Pael Gutierrez of The Miracle Project
Styling and Hair by Kaye Bata
Eunica's Dress provided by Veronica Lee, Hazel Lee and Clarissa Lee.
Photo team: Nikko Bacalzo and Adrian Begonia


Bedroom Set
Modeling by Micah Barker
Hair and Make-up by Micah Barker
Styling by Micah Barker, Clarissa Lee and Hazel Lee
Micah's Dress provided by Veronica Lee, Hazel Lee and Clarissa Lee.
Photo team: Adrian Begonia

And here are the cinemagraphs!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...